Easy Slow Roast Leg of Lamb
Cooking lamb can seem so intimidating but my Easy Slow Roast Leg of Lamb Recipe takes the guess work out of a delicious (and healthy) way to enjoy lamb at home!
Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 4 hours
Servings: 6 servings
- dutch oven
- 3-4 pound leg of lamb
- 1 tablespoon ghee
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 medium onion quartered
- 4 cloves garlic
- 2 medium bay leaves
- 1 medium lemon juiced
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 2 cups chicken bone broth
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano
For the Gravy
- 1 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 450
- Combine sea salt, pepper, paprika, onion and garlic powders.
- Rub leg of lamb with ghee. Cover with seasoning mix.
- Bake seasoned leg of lamb, uncovered in a dutch oven for 30 mintues.
- Remove lamb from oven, reduce heat to 315.
- To the dutch oven add onion, garlic, wine, broth, bay leaves, lemon and fresh herbs.
- Cover and bake for 2-3 hours or until the meat is tender.
- Remove lid, increase heat to 400 and brown the top of the leg for 15 mintues.
- Remove the leg from the dutch oven and pick out the fresh herbs and bay leaves.
- Transfer pan drippings and vegetables to your blender. Add cream. Blend until smooth.
- Return gravy to the dutch oven, simmer over medium heat until thickened.
- Enjoy with steamed broccoil to make a meal.
Calories: 431kcal | Carbohydrates: 9g | Protein: 31g | Fat: 24g | Saturated Fat: 13g | Cholesterol: 152mg | Sodium: 784mg | Potassium: 635mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 765IU | Vitamin C: 17.7mg | Calcium: 59mg | Iron: 3.3mg