chicken and bacon sausages recipe [paleo, keto, aip]
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook Time: 20 minutes
- Yield: 12 servings 1x
- Category: Breakfast, Lunch
- Cuisine: American
- 2 large chicken breasts, or use 1 lb ground chicken
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and broken into small bits
- 1 egg, whisked (omit for AIP)
- 2 Tablespoons Italian seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- Salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 425 F (220 C).
- Food process all the ingredients together.
- Form 12 thin patties (1/2-inch thick) from the meat mixture and place on a baking tray lined with foil (so you don’t need to wash the baking tray).
- Bake for 20 minutes. Check with a meat thermometer that the internal temperature of a patty near the middle of the tray is 170 F (76 C).
- Cool and store in fridge or freezer (reheat them easily in the mornings in the skillet or in the microwave).
- (You can also pan-fry the raw sausages instead of putting them into the oven.)