Mediterranean Feta Lamb Burgers
Fresh ground lamb mixed with feta cheese, fresh herbs, lemon and peppers make these Mediterranean Feta Lamb Burgers super moist and flavorful. Recipe video included.
Servings: 4 servings
- 1 lb ground lamb (See Note 1)
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp cracked black pepper
- 1/4 cup flat leaf parsley (loosely filled)
- 10 fresh mint leaves
- 6 fresh basil leaves
- 1 red jalapeño pepper
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1 lemon
- 1 cup feta cheese crumbles
- Using gloves (optional), cut red jalapeño pepper stem off and remove the seeds and set aside (See Note 2). In a medium sized bowl add the ground lamb (or beef) and the salt, pepper and oregano. Mix to combine.
- Place herbs, jalapeño pepper, garlic cloves and two to three 2-inch pieces of lemon zest (I used my vegetable peeler to strip off) in food processor. Pulse several times to break down and add to the seasoned ground lamb.
- To the mixing bowl add the feta cheese crumbles and gently work the ingredients together to mix thoroughly. Do not over mix and compress. Divide the lamb mixture into four portions and gently form into four patties. Set aside.
- Prep the grill to around 450°F and then clean and oil it so burgers do not stick. Grill for 3 minutes on the first side covered, flip and cook for 4 minutes covered, then back over for 1 minute more. I removed them from the grill and allowed them to rest for 10 minutes. Should be medium.
- Serve with Taboulleh salad and top with Tzatziki sauce if desired.
- Feel free to substitute ground beef (80/20 blend) for the ground lamb.
- I kept the white membrane for a little more heat intact and coarse cut it into several pieces.
Calories: 337kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 19g | Fat: 26g | Saturated Fat: 11g | Cholesterol: 82mg | Sodium: 69mg | Potassium: 326mg | Fiber: 1g | Vitamin A: 170IU | Vitamin C: 21mg | Calcium: 41mg | Iron: 2.2mg