keto lamb stew recipe
Cook Time: 2 hours
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Yield: 10 servings 1x
- Category: Dinner, Entree
- Cuisine: : American
DESCRIPTIONNothing beats a lamb stew, especially in the chillier months.
- 1 Tablespoon (15 ml) of olive oil
- 21oz (600g) of stewing lamb shoulder, diced
- 1 medium onion (110 g), peeled and diced
- 2 garlic cloves (6g), peeled and crushed
- 8.8oz (approx. 25) white button mushrooms (250g), sliced
- 2 cups (480 ml) of beef broth
- 1 can (400 g) of diced tomatoes
- 3–4 sprigs rosemary
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 portions of cooked cauliflower rice, to serve
- Heat the oil in a large pan and brown the lamb in batches over high heat. Once cooked, remove the lamb with a slotted spoon and set aside.
- In the same pan, add the onion and garlic and cook over a low-moderate heat until softened. Add the mushrooms and increase the heat, cooking until the mushrooms have caramelized.
- Return the lamb to the pan, along with any resting juices, and pour the broth and the tomatoes into the pan. Add the full sprigs of rosemary and bring to a simmer.
- Once simmering, reduce the heat to very low and cover with a lid, cooking for 2 hours. Stir occasionally.
- Remove and discard the rosemary and check the consistency of the sauce. If it has not thickened enough, increase the heat and cook without a lid for a few more minutes, stirring regularly.
- Season with salt and freshly ground black pepper. Serve with cauliflower rice.
NOTESAll nutritional data are estimated and based on per serving amounts. Net Carbs: 4 g
- Calories: 201
- Sugar: 3 g
- Fat: 15 g
- Carbohydrates: 6
- Fiber: 2 g
- Protein: 12 g