A light and fluffy low carb mousse sweetened with a blend of stevia and erythritol. Makes a great no bake raspberry pie filling.
Prep Time10 mins
Cook Time5 mins
Cooling Time30 mins
Total Time15 mins
Servings 6 people
- 1 Tablespoon grass-fed gelatin
- 5 Tablespoons water divided (2 cold, 3 boiling)
- 2 cups fresh or frozen raspberries
- 1/3 cup low carb sugar substitute or erythritol
- 1/8 teaspoon stevia
- 1 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- In small cup, sprinkle gelatin over 2 Tablespoons cold water; let stand a minute or so to soften. Add 3 Tablespoons boiling water; stir until gelatin is completely dissolved and mixture is clear. Cool slightly.
- Cook raspberries, erythritol, and stevia over medium low heat until sweetners are dissolved. Cool, then remove seeds by pressing mixture through a fine metal strainer basket with a spoon. Stir in gelatin and set aside.
- Whip cream with vanilla extract until soft peaks form. Gently fold in raspberry mixture. Spoon into 6 dessert cups. Serve with chocolate sauce over top, if desired.
- For a stronger raspberry flavor, add in 1 teaspoon of raspberry extract
- 1 to 2 ounces of softened cream cheese can be beaten in for a cheesecake flavoring.
- An ounce or two of melted chocolate can be added.
- Mix in one tablespoon lemon juice to help preserve the fresh fruit.
Serving: 1cup | Calories: 161kcal | Carbohydrates: 6g | Protein: 1g | Fat: 15g | Cholesterol: 53mg | Sodium: 13mg | Potassium: 281mg | Fiber: 3g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 550IU | Vitamin C: 6.6mg | Calcium: 110mg
Net Carbs: 3 g | % Carbs: 7.9 % | % Protein: 2.6 % | % Fat: 89.4 %