Easy Taco Pie
This low carb taco pie is ridiculously easy to make and incredibly delicious – a perfect weeknight dinner. Use your favourite taco seasoning and adjust the heat to your liking. The whole family loves this easy keto dinner recipe.
- 1 lb ground beef
- 3 tbsp taco seasoning or one packet taco seasoning
- 6 large eggs
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese I used Cabot Chipotle Cheddar for an extra kick!
- Preheat oven to 350F and grease a glass or ceramic 9-inch pie pan.
- Brown ground beef in a large skillet over medium heat until no longer pink, about 7 minutes, breaking up clumps with the back of a wooden spoon.
Add taco seasoning and stir until combined, then reduce heat to medium low and cook a few minutes longer until sauce is thickened.
- Spread beef in prepared pie pan.
- In a large bowl, combine eggs, cream, garlic, salt and pepper. Pour over beef.
- Sprinkle with shredded cheese and bake 30 minutes, or until centre is set and cheese is browned.
- Remove and let sit 5 minutes before slicing and serving.
- Top with sour cream, chopped tomatoes and chopped avocado, if desired.
Serves 8. Each serving has 2 g of carbs.