KETO WHIPPED COFFEE (DALGONA COFFEE)
yield: 1 SERVINGS
prep time: 5 MINUTES
total time: 5 MINUTES
Instant coffee gets whipped with a keto-friendly sugar substitute and hot water, then poured over iced almond milk as a delicious creamy drink!
- 2 tablespoons instant coffee
- 2 tablespoons keto granulated sugar substitute
- 2 tablespoons hot water
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract (optional, yet yummy)
- 1 cup unsweetened almond milk or choice of keto-friendly milk
1. Combine instant coffee, sugar substitute, hot water, and vanilla in a small bowl. Use a mixer with a whisk attachment to whip the mixture for a minute or two until it becomes thickened and light in color.
2. Pour ice and almond milk into a cup, and top with the whipped coffee mixture. Mix it in with a spoon, and enjoy!
I based nutritional values on using both Swerve granular and Simple Truth brand unsweetened almond milk.
Also, don’t be alarmed by the high total carb count. Erythritol (the main ingredient in Swerve) does not affect blood sugar in the same way that regular carbs do, so we’ve subtracted them from the total carb count. You’ll see that the net carbs are much lower once you remove the sugar alcohols.
Yield: 1 cup plus whipped coffee, Serving Size: 1 cup
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 34, Total Carbohydrates: 26g, Fiber: 1g, Sugar Alcohols: 24g, Net Carbohydrates: 1g, Total Fat: 3g, Protein: 1g