Keto Lamb Stuffed Eggplant – “Quick & Meaty”
This delicious Keto Lamb Stuffed Eggplant recipe is inspired by Middle Eastern flavors. It’s a great all-in-one meal that can be enjoyed alone or with a side of cauliflower rice.
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
Total Time: 1 hour 5 minutes
Servings: 4 serves
- 2 medium eggplants
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 pound ground lamb
- 1 tablespoon cumin ground
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon ground
- 1/2 cup tomato passata
- 2 ounces baby spinach
- 1/2 cup feta cheese crumbled
- Preheat your oven to 180C/355F.
- Slice the eggplants in half lengthways and cut a 1cm wide border around the edge of each eggplant. Scoop out the centers, dice and set aside.
- Place the eggplant shells on a cookie sheet and set aside.
- Put a large non-stick frying pan over high heat.
- Add the oil, onion, and garlic and saute until the onion starts to turn translucent, then add the lamb.
- Saute the lamb, breaking it up, until browned. Add the salt, pepper, and spices, along with the diced eggplant.
- Cook for 5 minutes before adding the passata. Simmer for 10 minutes then remove from the heat.
- Stir through the spinach and allow to wilt.
- Spoon the lamb mixture between the eggplant shells the place in the oven to bake for 15 minutes.
- Top with the feta cheese then bake for another 8-12 minutes.
- Serve straight away.
Calories: 484kcal | Carbohydrates: 16g | Protein: 25g | Fat: 35g | Saturated Fat: 14g | Cholesterol: 99mg | Sodium: 917mg | Potassium: 1019mg | Fiber: 10g | Sugar: 11g | Vitamin A: 1790IU | Vitamin C: 13.5mg | Calcium: 176mg | Iron: 4.3mg