Crab Stuffed Mushrooms With Cream Cheese
Prep: 15 mins
Cook: 30 mins
Yield: 4 servings
Net Carbs: 5g
- 20 ounces cremini (baby bella) mushrooms (20-25 individual mushrooms)
- 2 tbsp finely grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- table salt
- 4 ounces cream cheese (half a brick), softened to room temperature
- 4 ounces crab meat, finely chopped
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp paprika
- 1/2 tsp ground black pepper
- 1/4 tsp table salt
- Preheat the oven to 400 F. Prepare a baking sheet lined with parchment paper.
- Snap stems from mushrooms (bend the stem slightly in one direction until it pops off), discarding the stems and placing the mushroom caps on the baking sheet 1 inch apart from each other. Season the mushroom caps with salt (this helps them release some liquid so they don’t get too soggy while baking, and also improves overall taste and texture).
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all filling ingredients and stir until well-mixed without any lumps of cream cheese. Stuff the mushroom caps with the mixture. Evenly sprinkle parmesan cheese on top of the stuffed mushrooms.
- Bake uncovered at 400 F until the mushrooms are very tender and the stuffing is nicely browned on top, about 30 minutes. Top with parsley and serve while hot.
|Makes 4 Servings|
|Amount Per Serving (5-6 stuffed mushrooms):|
|Calories 160 (61% from fat)|
|Total Fat 11g||16%|
|Saturated Fat 7g||33%|
|Net Carb 5g|
|Total Carb 5.5g||2%|
|Dietary Fiber 0.5g||1%|