Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
Servings: 2 salads
- 2 medium boneless skinless chicken breast cut into half horizontally
- 2 cups sliced bell peppers colors of choice
- 1 head romaine lettuce chopped
- 1 avocado sliced
- 3-4 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar optional
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Whisk all the ingredients for the dressing/marinade in a medium bowl. Pour half the mixture onto the chicken breasts and coat chicken breasts with the marinade well. Cover and place in the fridge for 30-minutes or up to 24 hours or use immediately. Reserve the rest of the marinade for later to be used as a dressing.
- Heat a large heavy-duty pan or skillet to medium-high heat for 2 minutes. Add a teaspoon of oil to the pan and then add in the chicken breasts. Cook 4-5 minutes per side or until cooked through. Remove from pan onto a cutting board and cool for 5 minutes then slice or chop into bite size pieces. Add the sliced bell peppers to the pan. cook on high for 1-2 minutes or until charred.
- Divide romaine lettuce into two salad bowl. Top each salad with half the chicken, fajita veggies, and sliced avocado. Serve with reserved dressing and sour-cream if desired. Enjoy the salad warm!