Prep Time: 5 minutes
Cook Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 20 minutes
- 4 small-medium chicken breasts or 2 large halved
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 3-4 cloves garlic minced
- 1 cup light cream or half & half, or heavy cream
- 1 tablespoons Italian seasoning or oregano
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
- 1 cup spinach chopped (optional)
- Season chicken with salt and pepper. Heat olive oil in a large heavy skillet or pan. Add chicken to the pan and cook for 5-6 minute per side or until the outside is golden and the chicken is cooked through (cooking times will vary depending on the thickness of the chicken breasts).
- Remove chicken from the pan, reduce heat to low-medium, and add garlic; stir for 30 seconds. Add the cream or half and half, Italian seasoning, and parmesan cheese. Stir to combine. Stir in 1 cup of chopped spinach if desired. Simmer for another 2-3 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan and simmer for another minute then turn off heat. Spoon sauce over chicken. Serve with pasta or veggies.